The boardinghouse Kostergården opened in June of 1952 in a small scale by Greta and William Holmberg. There were a few rooms for rent in the villa but most guests stayed in neighboring fishermens homes around Kilesand, Kyrkosund and Brevik. It was common these days that fishermens families moved down the celler during summer to make extra money letting out there actuall home. The small dining room served about 50 guests in two sittings every day.
On Sundays homemade icecream was served made from a heavy hand driven icecream machine operateded by the janitor.
A full pension at Kostergården in the 1950s was 8 kronor and 50 öre and included full breakfast and dinner with traditional swedish pickled herring buffet, soup, main course, dessert and coffee.
In 1959 Ulla and Leif Gurstedt became new hosts.
1974 there was only a kiosk and a café. Then it was rebuilt into apartments with self-catering.
In the beginning of the 1980s there were plans to retire. Ulla and Leif wanted someone living permanent on Koster to take over the business.
In the summer of 1983 Ingeborg and Göran Larsson became the new owners and kept the same concept until 2007.
If you like to know more about the history of Kostergården the full story from where this is borrowed is found in the Kosterbladet 2017, written by Marie Gurstedt, the daughter of Ulla and Leif.